Wednesday, January 20, 2010


This is the message we have heard from him and proclaim to you, that God is light, and in him is no darkness at all. If we say we have fellowship with him while we walk in darkness, we lie and do not practice the truth. But if we walk in the light, as he is in the light, we have fellowship with one another, and the blood of Jesus his Son cleanses us from all sin. If we say we have no sin, we deceive ourselves, and the truth is not in us. If we confess our sins, he is faithful and just to forgive us our sins and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness. If we say we have not sinned, we make him a liar, and his word is not in us.
1 John 1:5-10

This is going to be weird for some people to see and understand. I hope, however, that I can explain and clearly show my view. I am not perfect. For those who know me, you know this to be extremely true. I have fallen several times in the Christian walk and sometimes even completely left the Christian walk. Why did I leave the walk? That is something that I don't fully understand. Yes, I was hurt and confused- but that does not justify my fully leaving the Christian walk. I have, however, slowly began reworking myself I guess you could say. This will be the first "study" of a long list of Desired Stash postings. Today I want to look at 1 John 1:5-10. In verse five, I see this amazing description of God. It states, "God is light." You ever really thought about light? I mean, seriously contemplated light? Think about this for a second. Lets compare God to the sun. When the sun is out we can see. We can navigate and understand our surroundings. What is even more exciting though, is that even when it is nighttime, because of the suns reflection- we can still see! This brings me to this thought. Without God, the light, in our lives, how can we even begin to think about navigating through this world? Another thought, The sun is warm. The sun can bring warmth into our daily routines and allows growth around us. Look at this now: without the sun, no plants would grow, the human race would struggle to survive because of the temperature, and we would struggle to survive because of vegetation. God, being the light, brings warmth into our lives. He brings growth into our lives. He feeds us the food that we cannot get from anywhere else. Without this Almighty Light how can we even expect to be happy. Without God our lives are dark and cold. Some are better at hiding their true feelings than others. I personally voice exactly what is on my mind. Just look at some of the music I have written. A lot of it is dark. This is because for quite sometime I have not allowed God to shine His light in me. Like a light bulb, I have turned God off and refused to allow Him to light the dark corridors of my life. We cannot refuse the awesomeness of God. We can try and turn Him off, we can try to run, but He will always find us right where we are. He loves me and He loves you. Please, take it from someone who knows, don't run from God anymore. It's not worth it.

No comments:

Post a Comment