Thursday, January 21, 2010

God is Love.... 1 John 4:16


And we have known and believed the love that God has in us. God is love, and he who abides in love abides in God, and God in him.
1 John 4:16

God is Love
Love... What exactly is love? How can you honestly describe love? I like what the Bible says about love. It says in 1 Corinthians 13:4-8, "Love is kind and patient, never jealous, boastful, proud, or rude. Love isn't selfish or quick tempered. It doesn't keep a record of wrongs that others do. Love rejoices in the truth, but not in evil. Love is always supportive, loyal, hopeful, and trusting. Love never fails! Everyone who prophesies will stop, and unknown languages will no longer be spoken. All that we know will be forgotten." What you have just read is God. It is such a deep thought. Recently I finished reading a book called The Shack, by William P. Young. (If you have not read this book, I recommend that you do.) In The Shack, Young gives an amazing representation of how much God loves us. The main character is called "Mack" and Mack is told that he is to judge his children. He was allowed to send two kids to Heaven and the other three to Hell. Immediately Mack is stuck in limbo trying to figure this all out. How can he possibly send any of his kids to Hell. He loves them so much! Finally, Mack falls on his face and begs that instead of his kids going to Hell, he go to Hell in their place. I had to stop and think hard on this. God, the Almighty, loves simple, imperfect, sinning me so much that He took all of my sin at the cross. God loves me so much that He allows me independence to make my own choices. God loves me so much that no matter what I do or where I go, He still wants fellowship with me. God is love. There is just so much that you can say about God's love! Referring back to 1 Corinthians 13, check this out: "Love is always supportive, loyal, hopeful, and trusting." No matter what you choose, God is going to be there. My walk has been crazy. Let's face it. I have been there done that. I've been in the bar so drunk that I had to be carried out. I've been the guy that Christians point at and judge. The whole time, though, God simply looked at me and said, "I love Tim. Just the way he is, I love him. He has chosen a way that isn't going to get him anywhere, but I love him." Guess what!? I have news for you. God loves you. Just the way you are. In all of your drunkenness. In your drug trip. In your adulterous lifestyle. God loves you! He wants so much to have a relationship with you. He knows you are not perfect and He loves that about you! He wants you! He is chasing you right now and all you have to do is stop, just for a minute, and He will be there to hold you! God loves you! If you need anything, have any questions, just want a friend to talk to... call me 513.460.0704. Or you can e-mail me at timharpe@live.com
Remember:
God is love.... and He loves you.

No comments:

Post a Comment