Monday, January 25, 2010

Hold Please?


Even there shall thy hand lead me, and thy right hand shall hold me.

Psalm 139:10


I find this extremely interesting. I'm sure you've heard the songs that say, "Hold onto Jesus," etc, etc, etc. I have got news for you. Stop holding onto Jesus! Don't be too shocked about this.I'm going to show you exactly why I have said this.
God never asked us to hold onto Him. Never once does God say in the Bible, "Hold onto me and I will take care of you." Not once! I understand, this is going to blow some of the Independents complete theology out of the water. God doesn't want us to hold onto Him because of this. That puts everything in our power to hold on. God only ask us to believe that He has the power to hold us. Believe that He can protect us. I love what Isaiah had to say about God holding us. In Isaiah 41:13, it reads, "For I the LORD thy God will hold thy right hand, saying unto thee, Fear not; I will help thee." Remember when you were little and you were walking across the parking lot? What would your parents say? Usually mine would say, "Hold my hand!" You are probably saying, "OK..." what does this mean? Here is the meat- I would put my hand up, they would grab it, and no matter how hard I would try... they held my hand. That is what God does. He holds our hand. Check this out- "I the LORD have called thee in righteousness, and will hold thine hand, and will keep thee, and give thee for a covenant of the people, for a light of the Gentiles." (ISaiah 42:6) God literally says, "Stop trying to do this on your own! I'm in control here." In 2 Timothy 1:12, it says that God will keep what we have given to Him. Through much thought and prayer. From simple learning experiences. I have figured this out. God whats us to let go. He doesn't want us to hold onto anything. He wants us to let go of ourselves. Let go of our secrets and hidden sins. Let go of our past doings and memories that have haunted us. "I beseech you therefore, brethren, by the mercies of God, that ye present your bodies a living sacrifice, holy, acceptable unto God, which is your reasonable service." (Romans 12:1) Look at "a living sacrifice." The word "sacrifice" means to let go of something important. To let go of something that is valuable or of meaning to you. I'm asking you today- What are you holding onto that God is asking you to let go of? This is serious stuff. I held onto the past for so long that eventually it hurt me extremely bad. It is time to let go. Maybe you are holding onto the door post, attempting to keep God from moving you somewhere. It is time to let go. Maybe you are holding the door knob to your closet of secrets that God is trying to open. It's time to let go. God is holding your right hand. The only thing that keeps you from experiencing the awesomeness of God is you. Let go.

No comments:

Post a Comment