Monday, February 1, 2010

Fear


But whoever listens to me shall dwell safely, and shall be quiet from fear of evil.
Proverbs 1:33

You ever been afraid of something? I know that there have been many times I have feared the worse, especially when it comes to something that I know I should be doing. For instance: let's say God ask you to go somewhere and be a witness. Do you hesitate because you are afraid of the outcome? It is so easy to say. God simply wants us to listen to Him and trust Him. I like how this says Whoever listens to me shall dwell safely. I understand,theologians, this is talking about wisdom. However, let's just take it from a simple standpoint. If we listen to wisdom- God is wisdom- we will be safe, and we won't be afraid of evil. We will not be afraid of the things that come against us. We will be resting in God and trusting Him to take control of the situation. There is no need to complicate matters, God simply ask for us to trust Him fully. I know I need to work on that. How's your trust in God?

1 comment:

  1. You should check out Fearless by max lucado. I'm not a huge Max lucado fan, but I really enjoyed that book.

    ReplyDelete